Thursday 8 October 2015

What you get in a pattern from Little Moo Designs.....

I was chatting with some designer friends recently about what you get when you purchase a pattern. I can not speak for other designers however I thought it would be good to chat with you about what you get from MY patterns.

Firstly, Little Moo Designs Patterns are a digital file, like an e-book if you will, once you purchase (and pay via paypal) you will receive an email straight away with a link to download the purchased pattern. This is fabulous if you want to start sewing right away!

First things first, SAVE the pattern on your computer and back up on a USB or in Drop Box. (Just in case your system ever crashes).

The pattern includes step by step instructions, coloured photographs, cutting charts and digitised pattern pieces (this is specified in the pattern listings on my website as some have cutting charts in place of pattern pieces to save printing - enviro friendly here!). The pattern pieces are designed to be printed on your home printer on A4 paper.

Follow the instructions and create your bag!

There has been some talk of late about when you purchase a PDF Sewing Pattern some designers are asking customers to purchase licences or stating that they can not sew to sell, again I can't comment on this as each designer has their own way of running their business, however I wanted to share what happens when you purchase MY patterns.

You are purchasing from me, an indie (independent) pattern designer from rural Queensland in Australia. I am a sole operator, I am not owned by a big company, I spend many nights up until all hours creating patterns that I hope you love (and subsequently sell well around the world).




                                                       This is me :) Sharing the Bay Boho Bag with you all.



My patterns are sold with a "cottage licence" - this is what you will read on the first page of each of my patterns:

© Little Moo Designs: CONDITIONS OF SALE & COPYRIGHT

This PDF is sold with a cottage licence. This means if you sew from home to sell at markets or online via facebook, etsy, made it etc you can definitely sell items made from this pattern without needing to purchase a separate licence.

Each person who wishes to use this pattern should purchase their own copy of it. Please credit this pattern when selling items made from it. If you would like further clarification in regards to this, please email lilmoodesigns@hotmail.com

What exactly does this mean??
Here is some Q&A's about this:

1. Can I sew to sell from Little Moo Patterns?
YES you can! In fact I would love to see your work and I actively promote my customers work on instagram and facebook (so tag me!) No you do not need to purchase a 'licence' to sell items from my patterns.

2. Can I purchase the file and then forward it to friends?
Please don't, out of respect to my craft and business it would be great if you could direct your friends to purchase their own copies via my website. They are really well priced and it keeps me in business being able to produce more fabulous patterns for you.

3. Do I have to credit Little Moo Designs in my bag listings when selling?
Technically NO you do not have to, however again out of respect I would love it if you could.

I hope this clarifies some of the questions you may have about my designs. If you have any more, please do not hesitate to email me at lilmoodesigns@hotmail.com







This is my new pattern - The Tiny Essentials Tote Bag. It includes a BONUS hair straightener/curling iron travel pocket (all for $8.50 AU!) You can purchase it here.



Remember I love to see your creations here is the best places to keep in touch with me:


To keep up to date with Little Moo Designs I would love you to check out:






Happy Sewing,
Kylie. x

1 comment:

  1. Sometime it becomes very hard to find a well written and well established bog which give you correct and useful information. However, I found this blog and got some relevant information which are really helpful for me.
    โรงงานถุงผ้า

    ReplyDelete