Friday 23 October 2015

Day 6- The Tiny Essentials Tote Bag Sew Along.....THE END

We have come so far together on this little sew along journey.

Well the great news is......we are so close to being done!

I am known for getting distracted at the end of projects so by the time it gets to this stage I need to make sure I attack it when I am feeling pumped, not tired or late at night as this step can be quite fiddly.



Nothing like a bit of inspiration to get us started on Day 6. Hang in there, we are so close now.


All that you should have left to do now is to finish the interior of your bag with the bias binding.
In theory this is not difficult, but in reality it is very fiddly and can be tedious.

Why you ask??
Adding bias to finish your bag is not the same as adding bias to a dress or clothing which is nice and thin and flat. No, no, instead you are adding bias to quite thick layers and on tight curves (don't get discouraged yet).

So here are a few tips to help you:
- Follow the pattern instructions and pictures carefully, there are no tricks or shortcuts to this step, you just need to take it slow.
- To Pin or not? This is up to you....I personally found pins got in the way on the tight curves and I felt a bit unco-ordinated so I just folded the bias and sewed that way. Some of my testers preferred wonder clips and others pinned like crazy. Find what method works for you.
- Sew Slow....like a snail.............no seriously it is important. You are sewing thick and small seam allowances on curves, you can't rush this step.


And its all done!!!!! Time to celebrate with a glass or Vino (or tea...........whichever you prefer!)

Here is my finished bag.



 
 
This Tiny Essentials Tote is off to a special little lady, I hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed sewing it for her.
 
Like any pattern, once you have sewn it once, the subsequent ones are easier and quicker, don't forget you can always refer back to this Sew Along on my blog in the future and work through it at your pace.
 
I can not wait to see your finished bags.
To be in the running for the #TETSAL comp, remember to share a pic or two of your bag using the #TETSAL and #Littlemoodesigns. This comp will be closing 28/10/2015 at 8.00pm AEST (to allow you a few more days to take part). I will announce the winner in my Facebook Group and then on my blog.
 
 
Thank you so much for taking part in this sew along, I hope you enjoyed it and learnt some new skills along the way.
 
I would love your feedback on how you found this sew along, feel free to email me at lilmoodesigns@hotmail.com
 
Happy Sewing, Kylie X
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment